The clutter-free, 30-minute series for planning, writing, publishing, and marketing a novel and managing your writing career.
"Sometimes when you're reading a book like this the author says something that just clicks. Something that jumps right into your mind and screams "that's what you needed to know". That happened at least a dozen times in this book, which is quite remarkable when you realize it took barely thirty minutes to read. Now I'm off to write while I wait for the next Tidy Guide." - Amazon US customer
Learn to write a novel in 30 minutes!
The Tidy Guide to Writing a Novel brings you a no-nonsense approach to write your book right the first time. In this guide, you'll learn how to plan and organize your story ideas by breaking them out into easy, digestible bites; and use the Little Ups approach to confidently write your first draft and subsequent drafts.
You've written a novel ... now what?
The Tidy Guide to Self-Editing Your Novel brings you a no-nonsense approach to revise and polish your book. In this guide, you'll learn how to self-edit your novel with a calm, motivated mindset; and polish your story so that it outshines the competition.
Ready to publish?
The Tidy Guide to Publishing Your Novel answers your publishing questions and gives you the tools and confidence you need to have your story published. In this guide, you'll learn how to: 1) Prepare your novel for the publishing process; 2) Query agents; and 3) Self-publish your story as a professional-grade novel.
"‘Tidy’ is the perfect word to describe the content. Short enough to make it a quick read and an easy reference, Yet enough supporting explanations to thoroughly convey the ideas. Thank you for these wonderful insights, which will surely help writing my first novel." ~ Amazon AU customer
Below are tools and samples covered in the Tidy Guides to help writers streamline the writing, editing, and publishing processes.
- Word Count Tracker (XLS). Here's a barebones spreadsheet for tracking your daily word count for the year.
- Self-Editing Checklist (PDF, DOC). Here's a sample checklist you can download and modify for editing and polishing your own manuscript.
- Sample Style Sheet (PDF, DOC) The style sheet is a tool you can use to streamline the self-editing process. Download this sample and modify it to create your own style sheet that matches your personal style in terms of formatting, word usage, grammar, and punctuation.
- Storyboard for Fringe Runner. A storyboard is a tool used to visualize the end-to-end plot and all the scenes of a story. This example is the storyboard I created for Fringe Runner (Contains massive spoilers!).
- The Publishing Lifecycle. Here's a list of the major steps a writer goes through when publishing through a traditional publishing house.
- Book Launch Checklist for Self-Publishers. Here's a list of key activities to consider when publishing your own book.