Discussion Questions for 100 DAYS IN DEADLAND
- What are your thoughts on modern adaptations of the classics (in this case, a novel paralleling Dante's Inferno to a zombie apocalypse)?
- In Lust, Cash kills her first non-infected human (the broken girl). Would you have killed the girl? Why or why not?
- One of the major themes of the novel is hope. Do you feel like hope is realistic or even possible in a post-apocalyptic world?
- Do you believe a worldwide pandemic that devastates the human population is possible in today's world? Why or why not?
- This is a story of survival against all odds. How would you respond if the world as you know it collapsed around you in a matter of hours or days? How would you respond if news updates reported that the end of the world as you know it was getting closer to your home area?
- As a followup to question 5, do you believe you could adapt like Cash did to survive? Would you want to adapt?
- "Prepping" has become a popular term. Do you see value in preparing for the worst-case scenario (e.g., economy collapse, war, pandemic)? Why or why not?
- The story ends somewhat unresolved and abruptly, as it had for Dante when he was in the Inferno. How do you feel about cliffhangers and/or unresolved plots?