Discussion Questions for 100 DAYS IN DEADLAND
(Note: These questions contain light spoilers and are intended for readers who have finished the novel.)
- What are your thoughts on modern adaptations of the classics (in this case, a novel paralleling Dante's Inferno to a zombie apocalypse)?
- In Lust, Cash kills her first non-infected human (the broken girl). Would you have killed the girl? Why or why not?
- One of the major themes of the novel is hope. Do you feel like hope is realistic or even possible in a post-apocalyptic world?
- Do you believe a worldwide pandemic that devastates the human population is possible in today's world? Why or why not?
- This is a story of survival against all odds. How would you respond if the world as you know it collapsed around you in a matter of hours or days? How would you respond if news updates reported that the end of the world as you know it was getting closer to your home area?
- As a followup to question 5, do you believe you could adapt like Cash did to survive? Would you want to adapt?
- "Prepping" has become a popular term. Do you see value in preparing for the worst-case scenario (e.g., economy collapse, war, pandemic)? Why or why not?
- The story ends somewhat unresolved and abruptly, as it had for Dante when he was in the Inferno. How do you feel about cliffhangers and/or unresolved plots?
Click here for 125 similarities between Dante's "Inferno" and 100 DAYS IN DEADLAND
Click here for nearly 150 similarities between Dante's "Purgatorio" and DEADLAND'S HARVEST
Click here for nearly 150 similarities between Dante's "Paradiso" and DEADLAND RISING